Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gores new home.

On May 12, 10:22*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
wrote in message

On May 12, 2:21 pm, Ignoramus11203 ignoramus11...@NOSPAM.
11203.invalid

It would appear, then, that Al Gore basically said the truth about his
role in creating the Internet?

Am I missing anything?

The main thing you are missing is that the internet started before Al
Gore was in Congress.

No, Gore was elected to Congress in 1976.

And that his votes on expanding the internet
were matched by a majority of Congress. *I personally think the
internet would have expanded at the same rate regardless of what one
senator did or did not do. *Google " internet history ".

My best guess is that I started using the internet about 1984 or 1985.

Then you were either a military or a university user. The first commercial
mail network on the Internet was MCI Mail, in 1988.

--
Ed Huntress

Yes, I know when Gore was first elected to Congress. Do you know when
the internet started?

I was a friend of Cynbe. So had access through his
computer.

Dan