Posted to alt.home.repair
KOS KOS is offline

Default American Standard Champion install problem- level off- more thanan inch.. looks lopsided, why?

On May 12, 11:49*am, "Charlie" wrote:
"KOS" wrote in message

I installed a new toilet and it looks lopsided. I did remove the old
wax ring with a putty knife.. I then put new johnny bolts and layed
the new wax ring. *The bathroom floor is leveled. When I look at this
toilet it looks lopsided.. I want to fix this, Could it be that the
wax ring is a wrong size? and is hitting the johnny bolt?? I really
want to fix this any help would be great.. Again the floor is leveled
and my old toilet did not look lopsided

Wax rings are a nuisance. I have used the Fernco waxless seals on both
toilets in my house.
Some times they are hard to find, but are so much better.

I ended up at Amazon. It all depends on your local area.

http://www.amazon.com/Fernco-FTS-3-F.../dp/B000BQUJEA

Charlie

anyone who was following this thread--- I removed the toilet
completely- took a level and found the flange to be level 100%... The
floor too. I then set the toilet on the floor and found it to be
somewhat lopsided ... Bought a new wax ring, installed toilet and put
a shim under one side.. Took level and found it to be 100% level...
Flushed toilet and toilet began to leak on side of shim.... Removed
shim, flushed toilet, no leak... Toilet still lopsided.... Looks like
there is a defect in the "China" -