Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Welder/generator

"cord under the front door" worked for me.

The individual recepticles sound good. I'd like to hear more
about the rechargable pack. Is that just for some lights?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

Is there a proper and accepted way to run generator
extension cords
into the house without letting carbon monoxide in or heat
out?

I bought several NEMA 5-15 panel mount recessed plugs to use
for this,
first as show-and-tell samples for the fire and building
inspectors.
My current cunning plan is that they would connect only to
single
indoor receptacles, not the house wiring, near the
refrigerator,
washing machine and air conditioner so I could run those
individually
from a generator.

Otherwise I can run everything I need on less than 100W from
inverters
during an outage, recharging the VRLA battery packs once a
day
outdoors.

jsw