Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Catch tub...

Brian Lawson wrote:

On Wed, 12 May 2010 10:52:39 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

The only thing keeping me from putting my new pressurized liquid oiler on
the mini mill is lack of a catch tub. Is there a nice simple plastic tub
that won't get eaten up by petroleum distillates available or am I going to
be stuck using up some more of my stock of aluminum sheet to make my own
pan?

Hey bob,

I'm not positive it was a Home Depot...maybe it was a Lowe's...or even
a Menard's...but they had a drip pan for placing on the driveway or
garage floor to catch to the undesirable drips from transmissions and
engine on cars. Was it a big aluminum "pie plate"??? Maybe, but it
would have been heavy enough to do what you want at least as a "test
piece". Under 10 bucks for sure.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

There are plastic spill pans made to sit under a washing machine and
connect to a drain line for washing machines installed on upper floors.
They're ~30" square and a few inches deep.