T.

Default Lessons in Grammar: WAS Lee Valley optical center punch

Sun, Dec 28, 2003, 1:20pm (EST+5) (LRod) says:
snip Inattention to detail seems to be the order of the day, and
greatly detracts from our ability to communicate.

I agree.

People who can't spell (or type) worth a damn like to argue it doesn't
matter.

Not always. I know any number of people, mostly on here, who
could, but don't, and claim it doesn't matter.

As a professional communicator, I maintain that if one's ideas aren't
clearly and accurately presented, one won't be taken seriously,
irrespective of the efficacy of those ideas.

Here's where I don't quite agree. I agree. However, if you're
saying one has to have accurate spelling to do so, I don't agree.

One of the, if not the, most brilliant person I have ever met,
couldn't spell worth a damn. Excellent communicator, but if he wrote
the same word in a paragraph 3 time, it would usually be spelled 3
different ways, none necessarily right. He didn't spell everything
wrong, but his work had to be checked very carefully, for spelling.

On the other hand, I knew another very brilliant man, chemical
background, who also wrote brilliantly, but loved to use long words -
and always used correctly, and spelled right. All out of his head.
Actually, he usually only did that when his co-workers ****ed him off,
then they'd spend the day with a large dictionary trying to understand
what he wrote. LMAO

JOAT
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of
enthusiasm.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT
Web Page Update 27 Dec 2003.
Some tunes I like.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofal...OMETUNESILIKE/