Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Catch tub...

Bob La Londe wrote:

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
On May 12, 1:52 pm, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
The only thing keeping me from putting my new pressurized liquid oiler on
the mini mill is lack of a catch tub. Is there a nice simple plastic tub
that won't get eaten up by petroleum distillates available or am I going
be stuck using up some more of my stock of aluminum sheet to make my own
pan?

How big?

I bought an oil can tray from an auto parts store once.

Maybe an HVAC shop will sell you some galvanized cheaper. When I go
shopping for sheet metal I tie several 2X4s to the roof rack. Leave
the two outer ones in place, load on the sheets, tie one on top in the
center to curve and stiffen the metal. Pick roads and time of day to
keep the speed down to 40 or 45.

jsw

2' x 3' would probably work fine.

I had a nearby HVAC shop make me a pan for my mini mill setup, basically
just a condensate catch pan with a bit deeper than normal sides.