Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Welder/generator

On May 12, 11:29*am, rangerssuck wrote:
...He heard my generator running and asked me if I had turned off
the main breaker. I told him that I was running on extension cords,
and wasn't connected to the house wiring. ...

Is there a proper and accepted way to run generator extension cords
into the house without letting carbon monoxide in or heat out?

I bought several NEMA 5-15 panel mount recessed plugs to use for this,
first as show-and-tell samples for the fire and building inspectors.
My current cunning plan is that they would connect only to single
indoor receptacles, not the house wiring, near the refrigerator,
washing machine and air conditioner so I could run those individually
from a generator.

Otherwise I can run everything I need on less than 100W from inverters
during an outage, recharging the VRLA battery packs once a day
outdoors.

jsw