Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default American Standard Champion install problem- level off- more thanan inch.. looks lopsided, why?

KOS wrote:
I installed a new toilet and it looks lopsided. I did remove the old
wax ring with a putty knife.. I then put new johnny bolts and layed
the new wax ring. The bathroom floor is leveled. When I look at this
toilet it looks lopsided.. I want to fix this, Could it be that the
wax ring is a wrong size? and is hitting the johnny bolt?? I really
want to fix this any help would be great.. Again the floor is leveled
and my old toilet did not look lopsided

Take it out and reinstall it, with a fresh ring. Recommend using a
rubber one instead of wax- they are easier for inexperienced users. If
floor is level and flange is level, the likely cause is a bolt in
cockeyed, or the ring floated around and toilet is not sitting square on
the flange.

Worst case scenario- pay a plumber or handyman the 50 bucks to do it for
you, and watch and pay attention. If you don't want to get laughed at,
pull it and pretend you didn't install it wrong, but your back is acting
up and you can't lift it. (They are heavy, if tank and bowl are connected.)

--
aem sends...