Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus8844 Ignoramus8844 is offline

Default Can a Vibratory tumbler be used to remove rust

Just an update. I took the vise apart and put most of its parts into a
muriatic acid bucket, which I keep in the backyard for just this
purpose. The only items I did not put in the acid, are screws, nuts
and the big pressing screw, which cannot be removed from the yoke. I
will just wirebrush those.

The tumbler is working pretty well, but I think that putting rusted
vise parts in it is asking for too much. I am tumbling an assortment
of various stuff just to see how well it works.