Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Vacuum pump maintenance / repair

In order to be sure you've got all the moisture out of the
system, you really need a micron gage. Your manifold gages
aren't able to read the fine measurements you need.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
I purchased a used Robinair 15102-A vac pump last winter
(much better
price off season). Now I am ready to use it. I added oil
(did not
replace the old oil since I was doing a test evacuation) and
hooked
the vac pump up to the vehicle's A/C system. I was able to
pull 26 or
27 in of Hg of vacum. As I understand it I will need to
pull 29 in of
Hg to properly evacuate the A/C system (after repair).

Will changing the oil have an effect on the pump's
performance (pull a
stronger vacuum)? I searched for a manual or an exploded
view of the
pump with no success. What other sort of maintanence might
I need to
do to the pump? Other than hooking the pump up and letting
it run,
are there any other proceedures that I should / need to
follow?
Suggestions / links to info very much appreciated.