Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stryped[_3_] stryped[_3_] is offline

Default Welder/generator

On May 10, 7:49*pm, John wrote:
Jim Wilkins wrote:
On May 10, 4:29 pm, Gunner *wrote:

Failure to use a proper transfer switch, and you screw up and harm or
kill a lineman...and you will be in jail,then court, then prison for a
rather significant amount of time.

Gunner

Around here they ground the power lines before working on them. That
would short out your generator.

jsw

They usually just cut off your service drop and make sure you are the
last one in the state to get hooked back up, that is if you are a nice
guy. *If not you will be hauled into court and taken apart.

John

What about an interlock kit somethign like this:
http://www.nooutage.com/interlock_kits.htm#What does a typical
installation look like?

I would have to move the furnace and crawlspace circuits from my main
panel to my sub panel. Then I could put a 50 amp breaker to my welding
plug. This contraption the best I can tell makes it physically
impossible to turn the 50 amp breaker on without the main breaker
being off.

It may just be less hassel to run extension cords.