Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Can a Vibratory tumbler be used to remove rust

Tractor Supply Co TSC is a large chain that has similar products that a Farm
& Fleet would have.

Searching on the TSC site, phosphoric returns a Milkstone Remover & Acid
Rinse
(phosphoric acid solution) for $12/gallon.
Searching acid returns Muriatic acid $5/gallon.

--
WB

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message

Would that be "Runnings Farm & Fleet", "Norby's Farm Fleet", "Blain's Farm
& Fleet", "Mills Fleet Farm", some other farm fleet unknown to Google?
Just what does the "fleet" part refer to? Truck fleet? How did farms &
fleets come to be associated? Just curious.

Anyhow, none of these farm fleet stores have "lime away", at least that
they'll admit to on the web G. Trying to find it gets worse: there is
a "Lime A Way" (3 words) that's sulfumic acid & "Lime Away" that's
phosphoric. And the places selling them don't always get the name right
(different manufacturers). Worse yet: it's "Lime Away" on the MSDS at
the manufacturer's, but called "Lime Way" on their product list:
http://ritekem.thomasnet.com/viewite...r=10&forward=1

About the only place I could find Lime Away (Way) was at the manufacturer,
Rite-Kem. Where they had 4 gallons for $64. $4/gal is a REALLY good
price - I got a gallon of plain phosphoric acid for $15 from a local dairy
farmer & have never seen much better online.

But I much prefer muriatic - it's faster & keeps forever. The phosphoric
crystallized and became ineffective (after couple years(?)).

My $.02,
Bob