Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeffrey D Angus[_2_] Jeffrey D Angus[_2_] is offline

Default How to shrink heat shrink tubing?

Graham wrote:
DuPont studies show that the Teflon offgases toxic particulates at
446°F. At 680°F Teflon pans release at least six toxic gases,
including two carcinogens, two global pollutants, and MFA, a chemical
lethal to humans at low doses

While I was working at TRW, we had one of our technicians
end up in the emergency room from sitting over a cable that
he was using a thermal stripper on.

"Will he be ok?"
"Only time will tell."
"Is there anything you can do for him?"
"Just keep an eye on him."

Of course, I think they should be selling Teflon lined
blunts in the liquor stores.

Jeff

--
“Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.”
Frank Leahy, Head coach, Notre Dame 1941-1954

http://www.stay-connect.com