Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Welder/generator

In article ,
Spehro Pefhany wrote:

On Mon, 10 May 2010 14:45:24 -0700, the renowned Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 10 May 2010 14:12:30 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

On May 10, 4:29*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:

Failure to use a proper transfer switch, and you screw up and harm or
kill a lineman...and you will be in jail,then court, then prison for a
rather significant amount of time.

Gunner

Around here they ground the power lines before working on them. That
would short out your generator.

jsw

Too bad no one taught Ronnie Adams that....

http://www.powerlineman.com/lforum/a...php/t-711.html

Rotahand
07-13-2005, 07:39 PM
This is no prank. The lineman killed yesterday was working for Pike
Electric and picked up a line that was connected to someones house that
hooked up a generator and did not disconnect from the distribution
system. The linemans name was Ronnie Adams, age unknown. He had two
children and a wife. As far as I know he was from Louisiana. They are
trying to set up a fund for his family, but nothing I have heard of yet.
I will let yall know more as I hear of it. I wish they would really
teach folks the proper connection of generators, this was a really
tragic and preventable accident. Stay Safe and think about it before you
do it.

Interesting that the power company got fined as a result of that
death:-

http://www.oshrc.gov/decisions/html_2007/06-0166.htm

The final penalty was $12,000, which seems a bit light. I assume that the next
of kin sued.

Joe Gwinn