Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Can a Vibratory tumbler be used to remove rust

On 2010-05-10, Steve wrote:

Save yourself some trouble, get a plastic barrel and fill it half
full of muriatic acid 30%. Get another barrel and fill it half full
of a heavy concentration of Baking Soda. Degrease the vice, drop in
acid for at last an hour, maybe overnight. Remove, rinse with a hose
and drop in the soda barrel for an hour. Remove and hose down, blow
off the water with air and then oil. This works a treat, but be
careful, use rubber gloves and a face mask at least.

I have a bucketful of half diluted (appx. 10%) muriatic acid.

I could pretty easily dip the vise in it, indeed.

Keep everyone upwind of the bucket Iggy!

DAMHIKT. Dayum!

--Winston