Charlie Self

Default Lessons in Grammar: WAS Lee Valley optical center punch

Specter writes:

Tom. I went through that with my youngest daughter. I've made headway, but
now have to work on her "upspeak" (finishing each statement with a rising
tone, as though asking a question). Perhaps kids need to become
multilingual, with varying pronunciation : )

Oh, lord, not again! That was the ne plus ultra of TV speak about a decade ago,
and came close to driving me totally bat****...the TV stations around the
Roanoke Valley are excellent (especially compared to the TV station here), but
even the damned national newscasters got into that one. I thought it was long
gone, dead, buried and rotted away, but evidently the skeleton is rising.

Charlie Self

"Man is a reasoning rather than a reasonable animal."
Alexander Hamilton

http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html