Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RBnDFW RBnDFW is offline

Default WTF Rigger/shipper - Boston area.

RBnDFW wrote:
Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article ,
RBnDFW wrote:

I found a lathe like I want.
It's in Maynard, MA, in the Boston regional area
I'm in Fort Worth TX.

Do any of you know someone in that area who could pick up this
machine and have it shipped here?
Any guesses as to what it would cost?

A member on another forum looked at it and reported this:
"The seller has no expertise in moving machine tools,
and no equipment with which to do so.
There are three sets of double doors,
50' of linoleum floor,
and 100' of carpet standing between the lathe and a loading dock."

This probably won't work out for me, but any suggestions welcome.

Any local rigger can probably do the job. The one rigger I have used
(in December 2007) is:

Sacco's Specialized Moving
41 Atlantic Ave
Woburn. MA 01801
877-376-9500

Well, that didn't work out.
Sacco said they don't do that, sent me to "Kenny" at another number, who
gave me a NJ office to call. I didn't. Still looking