Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Frnak McKenney Frnak McKenney is offline

Default Repairing an abraded poly(?) trashcan (was: Having a...

On Wed, 05 May 2010 11:34:13 -0500, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Frnak McKenney fired this volley in
news
Now all I need is a poly sheet perhaps 2'x1'. Any suggestions? For this
job even that "currogated" stuff would be fine.

I get many square feet a year of 3/16" black polyethylene from a local boat
builder who routes out dash panels from it. Some of the "drops" have
sections as large as 2x3', but are useless to him because of the geometry
of his dashboards.

Any plastics dealer will have it, as do McMaster-Carr and MSC.

LLoyd

Thanks for the pointer. It turns out that I was wrong on the "cart"
being polyethylene, although I haven't figured out exactly what it
_is_ yet. I know it does crack -- there is one small one where a
bolt holds the belly-band lift support tubing in place -- and the
color and surface have a "weathered" appearance. I need to make
sure that whatever adhesive I use will adhere to both the cart and
the patching material.

Frank
--
[W]hy is it that men men who seem so keen on reforming the
world equip themselves with the worst possible philosophies