Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Frnak McKenney Frnak McKenney is offline

Default Repairing an abraded poly(?) trashcan (was: Having a...

On Wed, 05 May 2010 21:41:31 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 05 May 2010 10:38:57 -0500, Frnak McKenney
wrote the following:

On Mon, 03 May 2010 18:48:22 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:
After the garbadj truck squoze mine too much and I detected vertical
cracks in it, I called the company and they replaced it a few days
later, free of charge. Won't your city do that?

Presumably. On the other hand, why pass up a perfectly good chance
to gain some experience working with heavy-duty plastic? I'd much
rather learn something before I need it. grin!

So ask the company the City uses for broken scraps and practice on
those...for next time.

Nice thought. Unfortunately, the manufacturer (a Zarn, Inc. of
Reidsville, North Carolina) appears to have gone out of business.

[...]

I know that the local wildlife ('possums and raccons) have, from
time to time, climbed up the side of this supercan, popped open the
lid, ripped my bags to shreds, and scattered the contents. And I
don't rinse (e.g.) every ice cream box before tossing it.

Drill a couple holes and mount a slab of iron on the lid so they can't
lift it. It still works upside down in the garbadj truck.

Ouch! I can see the headline now: "Class Action Suit Filed on
Behalf of Park Animals; Seeks 10M Damages for Malicious Wounding!".
grin!

Interestingly, even though my house is closer to the James River
Park than most on the street, my can seems to have less plastic
gnawed off the cart's edges.

Frank
--
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass;
it's about learning how to dance in the rain.