Steve

Default Lessons in Grammar: WAS Lee Valley optical center punch

"Kevin P. Fleming" wrote in message

----------------8---------------------------
This has unfortunately spread into common usage as well; my sister (over
30 years old) frequently says things like:

"I like to have my orange juice with breakfast"
"I'm going to Starbucks to get my drink"

Well, like, you know, DUH, of course it's YOUR orange juice, it came out
of YOUR refrigerator :-)

I would not argue with your sister on that one, maybe she likes to have OJ
once a day, she is saying she likes to have hers(sp?) with breakfast. If she
said "I like to have OJ with breakfast", that doesn't preclude her from
having it with lunch too. Example conversation below:

Kevin = K Kevins(sp? I think there's supposed to be an apostrophe?) Sister =

K--Good morning sis', I just stopped by to install these fabulous mahogany
floor to ceiling bookcases for your new library. I'm sorry it's so early,
but I wanted to get an early start because there are seven of them and I'll
have to make a couple of trips, and then try to get the rolling ladder on
this afternoon. (now wiping slobber/drool off keyboard) I brought some
breakfast burritos for us.

S--Morning Kev', I can't wait to fill up the new cases. What, no OJ?

K--Sorry, I forgot, I don't drink it at breakfast, I have MINE (not
shouting, just emphasizing) in the afternoon, in the warm, dappled (sp?)
sunlight under the big tree in the backyard, tossing a ball or stick for
Buster The Beast at Tenagra-good boy. (Sorry, that's me)

S-"I like to have my OJ with breakfast."

K-I won't forget next time, just make the check out to "Kevin Fleming",
since you're my sister I'll give you a break, make it for $10,000 even.

End of story. See how nice that works.

Steve