Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET is offline

Default Diamond shaped HSS cutter - was Aloris AXA16 vs. AXA16N

On Sun, 09 May 2010 01:26:47 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

I have a fairly robust (1500 lb or so) 15 x 50 lathe with an Aloris
toolpost and I have a BXA16 toolholder, but the tool I use 95% of the
time is the Diamond Toolholder with 1/4" square HSS bits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUAPrkC7Q-Q
http://www.eccentricengineering.com....=2&Ite mid=17

I made an Aloris-compatible block to hold the DHH at the angle it
likes so the toolpost could be square to the spindle axis. That
enables me to pull the DTH and drop on other tools for boring, parting
and threading with no adjustment of toolpost angle necessary. Very
convenient!

That really looks pretty good. Are there any plans on the net for a
home made version of the tool holder and grinding jig that anyone's
aware of? It doesn't look like it would be too difficult to make.

RWL