Default Lee Valley optical center punch

I asked an English major shortly prior to his graduation to describe
WHERE to put the apostrophe and he started by saying "Some writers
prefer" and that's when I cut him off! Glad to read that it isn't
merely Engineers that are picky. This was in US Dept of Navy facility
(after reading Sylvans' post).

On 28 Dec 2003 06:58:17 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
wrote:

Can't be. Robin didn't use an apostrophe -- as in "reply's". More
likely too much testing of the beer glasses. :-)

Possibly. I do wonder if anyone, anywhere in the English speaking world,
bothers to teach the difference between plurals and possessives any more.