Michael Daly

Default Lessons in Grammar: WAS Lee Valley optical center punch

On 28-Dec-2003, LRod wrote:

But among my top annoyances is the misuse of your/you're, as well as
their/there/they're.

For me, it's less/fewer. Not even the journalists and editors
bother to get it right anymore.

People who can't spell (or type) worth a damn like to argue it doesn't
matter.

I met one of those once - a university English Literature professor!
She submitted an article to our club's newsletter and, after reading
it, I advised the editor to send it back to her for a rewrite.
Imagine what the students are learning from her!

Mike