Big Tim

Default CCTV Video Capture

Chris Oates wrote:

"Big Tim" Use.the.reply.to@address wrote in message
.. .

I think I want all the cameras to be colour,

A good black & white system is preferable to a
budget colour one - good colour cameras + lens
= big outlay

Which at this moment in time, isn't possible :-(

but (and this may be a dumb question) can you see the IR "lights" when
they are activated?

no

Noted

The Stingray 4 Port PCI thingy looks like the type of thing, but it's
£190 before you've got a camera. Have I mentioned I have (deep
pockets, short arms) a budget?

We tried several 4 port cards & all seem to share the same
chipset - the difference was the drivers which is CRITICAL
to the PC running the card.

Still looking like the Trust 814.

Tried that - didn't work with supplied software but worked

Which may be why cyberselect.co.uk wont let Alan have one (see post
down -vvv- there)

with 3rd party software which didn't have motion detection.

I'm looking at using Linux based software ZoneMinder as featured in
Novembers Linux Format. (But that could all go pear-shaped...)

This worked with windows XP
http://tinyurl.com/rylq

This is more like it. The other url you gave the other day pointed at
stuff that I thought too "fancy" for my needs/wants so I sort of gave
up on it.

The Grandtec stuff looks to be promising. I'll be off trying to find
their homepage to find out more about each of the cards.

We don't use it for motion detection or recording
(VCR rack for that) but feed it from banks of multiplexers
for screen captures for the Police.

The multiplexers are fed from a huge variety of cameras
(all auto iris) auto infra red night vision, programable CCD
that can 'look' into areas of vastly different light level, remote
ones which are wireless linked - some are 240v & plug into
a mains socket & some are run via 300ft of multicore camera cable

Thanks for the pointers.

--
Big Tim
(Take the Simian out and feed him with Spam to reply)