LRod

Default Lessons in Grammar: WAS Lee Valley optical center punch

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 02:53:44 -0500, LP wrote:

Ahhh, my favorite subject.

My personal pet peeve in this area is the inappropriate use of the
word "router", as in "I'm going to router a groove in it." "Router"
is a noun and describes the tool, while "rout" is the verb and
describes the action performed with the (noun) tool.

Don't be disrespecting the homeys, bro. As a former government
employee, verbification is one of the things that drives me nuts. It
starts there and then makes it to the streets.

But among my top annoyances is the misuse of your/you're, as well as
their/there/they're.

Add in opps for oops.

OWW: Not to mention joiner for jointer and planner for planer.

Inattention to detail seems to be the order of the day, and greatly
detracts from our ability to communicate.

People who can't spell (or type) worth a damn like to argue it doesn't
matter. As a professional communicator, I maintain that if one's ideas
aren't clearly and accurately presented, one won't be taken seriously,
irrespective of the efficacy of those ideas.

Thank you.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net