Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default Rolling lumber/sheet goods cart

Steve wrote

This is the one Art referred to:
http://www.shopnotes.com/issues/055/...und-store-all/

55 w/option looks like the best bet for me.

I recently built this cart and it is really nice, holds a ton of stuff
in a surprisingly small space.

I used Sketchup using the freely downloadable specifications at the site
above. One thing I changed though is I used 2 casters in the middle
with one on each end. I think thats better as it gives support in the
middle, and each end of the rack. I used 3/4 ply for the base, and OSB
for the sides and a couple of the shelves because I'm a cheap SOB.

This is a good project to use sketchup on if you are looking for an
excuse to sharpen your sketchup skills...

http://jbstein.com/Flick/LumberCart.jpg
http://jbstein.com/Flick/LumberCart2.jpg
--
Jack
Living is like licking honey off a thorn!