Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rolling lumber/sheet goods cart _ Update

On Fri, 07 May 2010 20:58:48 -0500, Morris Dovey
wrote the following:

On 5/7/2010 8:16 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 07 May 2010 00:49:50 -0500, Morris
wrote the following:

On 5/6/2010 11:39 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I never did ask you where you found that sweet lookin' clear(ish)
pineywood, Morris. I remember that premium studs used to look like
that. Any more, the waney, knotty, case-hardened crap they sell for
studs is ghastly. Or is that just The Canuckistani's Revenge wood
they're exporting at us?

Those came from the Gilchrist-Jewett lumberyard in Waukee, Iowa. They
helped me pick through a couple of pallets of 20-footers to find the
best of the bunch for a couple of shop projects.

Must have been a slow day for them, eh? Do you drive a flatbed?

They're good folks and responded well to being treated well. I waited
patiently while they took care of a couple of contractors who'd followed
me in, and they were intrigued by my drawings and rough-cut list. I
think they were fascinated with the projects.

Cool x2.

I drove a not-new car with an 8' HF trailer (with pretty BLO-finished
sides), and they cut the stuff to the (8' and 10') lengths I needed, and
I loaded as they cut.

OK.

I just /wish/ I had a truck!

Doesn't everyone (who doesn't own one)? I'm a happy Tundra owner.

It was all from the US and only slightly more spendy than at the BORG or
Menards.

Bueno, bwana.

They may have been afraid this scrawny old guy would have a heart attack
in their yard...

heh heh heh

--
Live forever or die in the attempt.