Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Aglionby Adam Aglionby is offline

Default Best 'instant on' CFL bulbs?

On 5 May, 10:33, S Viemeister wrote:
On 5/5/2010 4:33 AM, Adam Aglionby wrote: On 4 May, 20:23, S *wrote:
On 5/4/2010 7:20 PM, John Smith wrote: *wrote
You coud always try the halogen energy saving bulbs ( look like an
ordinary bulb but with a 'capsule bulb' inside.

What sort of energy consumption do those have? I assume better than
standard incandescent, but are they better, worse, or the same as
CFL bulbs? *And what sort of light do they put out?
(I've just been looking at buying a ceiling light which calls for them..)

Energy consumption as in use or whole life cycle?

(snip)
Useful information, thank you.
What about electricity use over normal life of the bulb?

Halogen should give you at least 2000 Hrs against 1000 of normal
incan, 42W = 60W 70W=100W so roughly around 30%

Turning the temp down on your heating and washing will save
considerably more energy.

Different if you need lighting off grid.

Cheers
Adam