Tom Watson

Default Lessons in Grammar: WAS Lee Valley optical center punch

On 28 Dec 2003 08:39:10 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
wrote:

I listened to one of my granddaughters over the holidays. I used to tease her
about having a speech impediment, overuse o fthe word "like." I can no longer
tease her about it, because it now seems to be an ACTUAL impediment. Every
third word is the best she can do right now. When you say anything to her about
it making her speech hard to understand, she says, "Well, you know what I
mean."

I'm fighting this fight with my eleven year old daughter. I've told
her that she can talk like a child to other children but must do
better when talking to me.

I've encouraged her to think of it as being bilingual.

So far, I'm winning.

We'll see...

Regards,

Tom Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.)