Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Rolling lumber/sheet goods cart _ Update

On 5/7/2010 8:16 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 07 May 2010 00:49:50 -0500, Morris
wrote the following:

On 5/6/2010 11:39 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I never did ask you where you found that sweet lookin' clear(ish)
pineywood, Morris. I remember that premium studs used to look like
that. Any more, the waney, knotty, case-hardened crap they sell for
studs is ghastly. Or is that just The Canuckistani's Revenge wood
they're exporting at us?

Those came from the Gilchrist-Jewett lumberyard in Waukee, Iowa. They
helped me pick through a couple of pallets of 20-footers to find the
best of the bunch for a couple of shop projects.

Must have been a slow day for them, eh? Do you drive a flatbed?

They're good folks and responded well to being treated well. I waited
patiently while they took care of a couple of contractors who'd followed
me in, and they were intrigued by my drawings and rough-cut list. I
think they were fascinated with the projects.

I drove a not-new car with an 8' HF trailer (with pretty BLO-finished
sides), and they cut the stuff to the (8' and 10') lengths I needed, and
I loaded as they cut.

I just /wish/ I had a truck!

It was all from the US and only slightly more spendy than at the BORG or
Menards.

Bueno, bwana.

They may have been afraid this scrawny old guy would have a heart attack
in their yard...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar