Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default floating tool holder - can we actually talk about metal working

On 2010-05-08, Bill Noble wrote:

I went out to the garage to see what collets I used with the Mill - it turns
out I have two holders, one that is NMTB to R8 and so I can use R8 collets,
and one that is this one

Hmm ... I would expect that adaptor to consume a lot of the
space between the spindle and the table. Assuming that you mean the
spindle is NMTB 40 and the colle you wish to hold is R8.

http://www.dealtime.com/xPO-Valenite...et-Holder-X634
which apparently uses TG-100 collets (I have a range of collets for it)

Probably a better grip than the R8 collets. They have a
reputation for letting the endmill walk down into the workpiece (and
sometimes the table) under heavy cutting loads.

And, of course, I have 5C collets for the lathe
so, now to see what I can find.....

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564