Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Alexander[_2_] Alexander[_2_] is offline

Default Is A/C capacitor supposed to look like this?

HeyBub wrote:
Alexander wrote:

Sue away dumbass.. The Unions perfected that and that is the way
business is done. You have an absolute right to boycott anyone you
want. You may now kiss this contractors ass that has done just exactly
that with the association I belong to. Also the Realtors use that as a
bargaining chip for their advertising. I suggest you see if you can
**** with the Union contractors in any major city and see how long
you stay healthy. I understand they like to have their mobster
friends lobby you. Ever hear of the teamsters? ;-p You may now go
**** yourself!

I was wrong and you are correct. First, it was not Wright-Patman [really
ROBINSON-Patman] as I claimed, it is the Sherman Anti-Trust Act. You are
correct in that you can boycott anyone you like.

But you can't do it in concert with others.

Also, there's no suing involved. It's a criminal offense.

"Sec. 1. Every contract, combination in the form of trust or otherwise, or
conspiracy, in restraint of trade or commerce among the several States, or
with foreign nations, is hereby declared to be illegal. Every person who
shall make any such contract or engage in any such combination or
conspiracy, shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor, and, on conviction
thereof, shall be punished by fine not exceeding five thousand dollars, or
by imprisonment not exceeding one year, or by both said punishments, at the
discretion of the court."

I don't know too much about union "thugs." I live in a right-to-work state
and we don't have very many union members (5.1% compared to, say, New York
at 25%, or nationally 12%), let alone the sub-set of "thugs*."

As for "****ing with union contractors in any major city," I remind you that
I live in the only state with four cities having populations in excess of a
million residents (Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin). Very little
construction is done with union contractors (There is, admittedly, some -
usually federal or federally-funded.)

Texas eh? I owned a busness in Sherman that did business in Richardson,
Ft Worth, Dallas etc. We did no business that let schmucks off the
street purchase goods in our field. Can you name the Association our of
Ft Worth I belonged to. As a Sea Lawyer..You suck. The Antitrust law is
set up only for those that corner markets. Do you remember the
Spindletop scandal and John D Rockefeller? By the way smart ass, one Son
is a corporate Lawyer in Houston and the other in Austin. Both laughed
at your posting. You may now crawl back into your safe zone(massive
Ignorance).

-------
* If you subtract postal employees, teachers, and other government workers,
there are about 847 private union members in the state, mostly in UPS and
other teamster jobs.

You are obviously not aware of Commercial and Industrial contractors in
Texas..Right off hand I can count well over a hundred that are Union.
Are you still showing up at your social worker, barefooted and with lice?