Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default floating tool holder - can we actually talk about metal working

Wes wrote:
[EDIT]

That is a run out figure at a distance. What we don't know is what kinds of errors caused
that amount of run out. Are the jaws and jaw body made at the correct angles to hold a
drill parallel to the centerline of the chuck or is their angular runout? It would make a difference on how you extrapolate the numbers. I
assume it is a mix of both but what is the bias?

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller