Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default flip primers

On May 5, 7:29*pm, "Steve W." wrote:
Karl Townsend wrote:
I got a small problem. I put nice new primers, powder, and bullets in all my
brass a couple months ago. Now all the primers are dented and the bullets
and powder are missing G

The most tedious job was loading primer tubes. I dumped primers on a cookie
sheet and picked up the ones pointing up, then tapped the sheet and
repeated. Takes a lot of taps to get them all. Is there a better way?

RCBS primer tray. Does all the flipping for you.

Also, a .223 followed "the Kid" home from the gun show. So I'm looking for
.223 brass. Don't want a repeat of all the work on the surplus military .308
brass. Where would you buy .223 brass?

Depends on quantity you want.

K Bar has once fired Lake City 5.56 for $85.00/ 1000
Commercial stamp is 10 bucks less.http://www.kbarcartridge.com/Once-Fired-Rifle-Brass.php

Cheaper Than Dirt has Remington virgin brass for 25-27 bucks/ 100

Local Remington and Winchester price is $20-23 per baggie of 100 in
the bin. .308 is still missing, .38 Special and .357 are high when
they can be had, usually out of stock. Gander had .357 Remington
brass for $40/100, but they're always high. Just .38 ammo was going
for $50/50 for RNL mid-range loads at the shows, would like to know
what's up with that, used to be about the cheapest centerfire pistol
load that could be had. Treat those empties like GOLD! Get a brass
catcher for the semi-autos. Sportsman's has had .380 ammo in stock in
the last few weeks, usually quite a number of boxes on the pallet. No
brass, though.

Stan