FOW

Default How to replace side panels on Bies

Get one corner of the Lam. up then use a squirt bottle of lacquer thinner to
squirt under the lam and peel off the lam with a sharp putty knife. Or try
Acetone. Watch the paint on the fence though. Maybe a heatgun would work
also.
"Jim Wilson" wrote in message
k.net...
john moorhead wrote...
Folks -

Okay, the PO of this saw had scuffed up the side of the rip fence with

the
blade, doing what, I'm not sure. The fence looks like it's made of out
lamintated BB ply, but I don't know how to fence panels come off. I

know
that I could go caveman on it, but I thought someone here would likely

have
more finess than my own bad self.

You're right. The panels are made of baltic birch ply. The panels are
screwed into the steel box beam, the laminate is (contact) cemented to
the ply, and then the edging is inserted. To remove a panel, you have to
peel off the laminate, which unfortunately will destroy it.

Jim