Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Repairing an abraded poly(?) trashcan

On 5/5/2010 9:27 AM, Frnak McKenney wrote:
On Tue, 04 May 2010 22:28:39 -0700, wrote:
On 5/3/2010 10:56 AM, Frnak McKenney wrote:

[...]

Since you're in such a good mood...grin

Do you have any suggestions for repairing an old-ish city-provided
"supercan"?

I would use my phone to repair that, Frank.

ROFL!

But thanks for the suggestion. Sometimes it's hard to remember which
size wrench is required to pound in the screw at hand.grin!

That's why I have all four sizes of Crescent Hammer.

(...)

I bet there are 4 things on your 'to do' list that are more
entertaining than fixing the city's trash can, if'n you
don't have to, yes?

Well, there _is_ the project to rewire a set of solar-charged wlakway
"floodlamps" so they're motion-triggered, and a huge list of items that
are _much_ less interesting.

But still *much more interesting* than repairing the can, yes?
You see where I'm going with this?

But any repairs I do won't be for the City's
benefit, even if they gain a little by them.

Hey go for it, Frank!
I've put repairs and modifications on my City - supplied trash can so
I really have no moral authority to advise you not to.
Please post your pictures to the dropbox.

One of my modifications *improved the balance* of the can on landing.
We speak with one voice WRT fixing other people's stuff.

--Winston