Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default flip primers

"Karl Townsend" wrote:

I got a small problem. I put nice new primers, powder, and bullets in all my
brass a couple months ago. Now all the primers are dented and the bullets
and powder are missing G

I saw some primers in the wild last weekend in Cheboygan Michigan. At $40/M I wasn't
interested. What are you paying for primers or are you working out of old stock?

The most tedious job was loading primer tubes. I dumped primers on a cookie
sheet and picked up the ones pointing up, then tapped the sheet and
repeated. Takes a lot of taps to get them all. Is there a better way?

I seem to remember that tapping worked fine with my Lee Auto primes. You likely are on
the leading edge of priming flipping technology.

Also, a .223 followed "the Kid" home from the gun show. So I'm looking for
.223 brass. Don't want a repeat of all the work on the surplus military .308
brass. Where would you buy .223 brass?

I'd normally contact Starline. They don't seem to have 5.56 or .223. Damn, this is
getting bad.

Midwayusa has some match stuff (pricey) Normal stuff is out of stock.

Guy at work was talking about a .380 he was thinking of buying. I told him he better
demand two boxes of ammo at fair retail in the deal or the gun isn't worth having atm.

I don't understand this. I didn't care for Clinton but components didn't dry up. I'm
still sitting on the safety stock increase I started when I got a bit worried after the
AWB.

Obama is another Clinton in my opinion, likely not as smart. Harry Reid has kept the
serious anti gun stuff from hitting the senate floor, why is it so much worse this cycle?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller