Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Repairing an abraded poly(?) trashcan (was: Having a...

How about cut up some recycle boxes, and glue the plastic
on
with Liquid Nails?

Christopher,

Thanks for responding.

My own "recycle box" is provided by a local service. They
already gave
me one new one this year when the old one vanished; I'm not
sure how they
would respond to my sacrificing another to repair a DPU can.
grin!

CY: People throw away plastic items now and again. Ice
chests, or what not. Might be a source of plastic out there
some where.

More seriously, call for replacement is the best idea
going.

I may indeed wind up doing that. On the other hand, that
route only
gives me experience in something I already know -- how to
look things
up and how to use a telephone (or perhaps 'Web page these
days).

CY: I've not done a lot of plastic repairs in my life, and
don't expect to.