Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Frnak McKenney Frnak McKenney is offline

Default Repairing an abraded poly(?) trashcan (was: Having a...

On Tue, 4 May 2010 10:18:32 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:
"Frnak McKenney" wrote in message
m...

Do you have any suggestions for repairing an old-ish city-provided
"supercan"? This is one of those large green plastic cans with
wheels, a hinged black lid, and bolted-on tubing that is designed
to be lifted by the city trash collection trucks. I'm not certain
what kind of plastic it is, but it's thick-ish (1/8"?), flexible,
and I'm assuming it's some sort of polyethylene.

How about cut up some recycle boxes, and glue the plastic on
with Liquid Nails?

Christopher,

Thanks for responding.

My own "recycle box" is provided by a local service. They already gave
me one new one this year when the old one vanished; I'm not sure how they
would respond to my sacrificing another to repair a DPU can. grin!

More seriously, call for replacement is the best idea going.

I may indeed wind up doing that. On the other hand, that route only
gives me experience in something I already know -- how to look things
up and how to use a telephone (or perhaps 'Web page these days).

Frank
--
The tendency to achieve our foreign policy objectives by inducing
other governments to sign up to professions of high moral and