Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Alexander[_2_] Alexander[_2_] is offline

Default Is A/C capacitor supposed to look like this?

The Daring Dufas wrote:
Alexander wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
Alexander wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Alexander wrote:
EXT wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
message ...
Guy at counter will ask for tax license, and proof of being
in the trade.
Don't know about trade shops in your neck of the world, but here, in
this economy, they don't care about who you are as long as you have
money to pay for the items. Regarding the tax, here it is a VAT tax
and they collect it from everybody, in or out the trade.
Lets just say that the Contractors Association got a wind of that and
92 contractors blackballed the vendor. Who would you rather have as a
customer? 92 Contractors that each purchase from $50k to $500K and
more per year or some dipstick that purchases a $15 dollar item once
every 10 years. Also many Vendors require Contractors to guarantee so
much $$$$ business per year to cover price fluxuations and amount of
on site inventory. Can you imagine the ;awsuit if that contract was
usurp by a mook off the street. The on street customers are ours and
not the vendors. If you want the prices and availability..Put 8 years
into becoming a contractor. You forgot Contractors excise tax by the
way. You can't pay that to the state each month without a license and
you are now well into the quasi-felony stage. You chumps that squeak
when you walk are fun to poke with sharp sticks.

Let's say a Contractors Association did exactly that.

In about five minutes they would be convicted of violating the
Wright-Patman Act: Conspiracy to Restrain Trade.

Sue away dumbass.. The Unions perfected that and that is the way
business is done. You have an absolute right to boycott anyone you
want. You may now kiss this contractors ass that has done just
exactly that with the association I belong to. Also the Realtors use
that as a bargaining chip for their advertising. I suggest you see
if you can **** with the Union contractors in any major city and see
how long you stay
healthy. I understand they like to have their mobster friends lobby
you.
Ever hear of the teamsters? ;-p You may now go **** yourself!

Off to the Federal Grey-Bar Hotel they would go. Hi-ho, Hi-ho, Hi-ho.

You sea lawyers all seem to live in Alt.HomeMoaners and we do make a
lot of money cleaning up the messes you make.. I for one of many
always charge a lot more when you ****ed it up before you call me.
It is always fun to see the look on your face when your missus gives
a look of disgust and say "my dumb **** Husband screwed it up
again"! ;-p

Want to tell me that is illegal too. Too bad they can't outlaw mass
stupidity of your kind.

Hummmm, you sound like someone who owns or works for one of those big
union companies that belongs to all those associations that lobby for
all sorts of protectionist laws and regulations. Me and my friends

You don't have any friends// You post in the HomeMoaners groups.

are
just little small companies and our informal cooperative works very
simply. We pick up the phone and call each other for help.

Sure you do..

If we know
someone who's having a hard time like the old couple down the street
living on a fixed income, we little guys always seem to be able to
afford to help them out even though we don't own shiny new trucks and
have spiffy uniforms and spend thousands on TV advertising.

Now I know your a full of ****. When was the last time you dropped $15
grand on a "Habitat for Humanity Home"?

Your big
overhead for all those union and association dues precludes that kind
of good neighbor altruism. I cringe when I hear those of your ilk brag
and laugh about selling someone a complete new system

Actually you posted that a while back .. It is you that ripped someone
off and I believe Steve tasked you on that one!

when all that was
wrong was a loose blower compartment door (it really happened). You may
find it interesting that the best advertising is treating someone right,
funny how that works, you wind up getting calls from all over the place
from people who hear that you will actually fix rather than replace

Play your holier then thou bull**** over in Homeowners.. Not here.

when possible. On more than one occasion, I've had someone tell me that
the big company from the TV with the shiny new trucks told them they
needed a new condensing unit when all that was needed was a new fan
motor. Sooner or later you'll wind up screwing the wrong person and I
suppose your union and associations will be there to bail you out.

Is it true that you lost one liability carrier? I never have. My
business goes back to the beginning of AC. You been at this for 2
years now?

TDD

I own the company and I checked you out.. You are a hireling.. Now go
**** yourself. Why do all the legal know it alls never own anything,
but know everything? As for the bull**** you posted.. those are your
words not mine. Want to play lawyer.. Be careful where you smear
businesses.. that can get another non sea lawyer up your fat whiny
hired ass.

There is good reason you are calling yourself Dufas.. It really fits.

Dufas is a proper name Alexander The Great and if anyone is overflowing
with excreta it is you. I've been at it for 35 years and have worked on
systems in places you will never be allowed to go. I'm glad to hear you
are a techosaurus who was around during the ice age and helped keep the
caves warm. I'm sure we could all learn a great deal from you about self
copulation.

Naw.. You have proven that you know it all. My crews are out working and
you are setting on your dead ass praying for a call. Maybe we can
prevail on Stormy to upgrade your vast expertise. 35 years and still
working for others..that doesn't say much for you. I think you best
stick to posting in the HomeMoaners groups and stay away from the
professionals. If things get tough..Maybe Turtle will hire you.

TDD