Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Best 'instant on' CFL bulbs?

On Tue, 04 May 2010 10:44:57 GMT someone who may be
(jamma-plusser) wrote this:-

Isn't it the case that LED bulbs have a more concentrated light so
that, in a location like a living room where one normal incandescent
bulb would be fine, with LED bulbs you would need more than one?

That depends on the design of the lamp. I have not looked to see
what is available in that sort of lamp, LEDs may not be quite there
yet for a number of reasons including the colour. However, replacing
a 60W lamp with two 1W lamps seems like a no brainer to me.

I'm also not sure why a living room needs "instant" starting. The
lamps I mentioned are fine in that sort of setting in my view.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54