Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default modern condensing boiler vs. dacades old standard boiler,

In message
, NT
writes
On May 4, 10:21*am, "Doctor Drivel" wrote:
"NT" wrote in message

On May 3, 9:12 pm, "AL_z" wrote:

My last c/h boiler was a combi, and it broke down about once a year, on
average. Conversely, my parents had an old regular-type boiler (i.e., not
combi) which never needed any maintenance in about 30 years. I now want to
install a c/h system in my new house. So, regarding my choice of boiler:
Considering the cost of purchasing, plus the cost of maintenance balanced
out against the difference in thermal efficiency, might I be doing myself
favour by installing a cheap, old, reliable, standard boiler, say from a
demolition yard, rather than forking out for a modern condensing combi?

Many thanks,

Al

In short yes, the old one would give you a better financial result,
and less hassle. It wont comply with the latest rule though.

They cannot be bought, so a silly comment.

Perhaps dribble is stuck permanently indoors

Not at all

they wheel him out for half an hours fresh air every day

--
geoff