Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Best 'instant on' CFL bulbs?

On 5/4/2010 7:20 PM, John Smith wrote:
"jamma-plusser" wrote
Getting a bit tired of CFL bulbs that take up to a minute to warm up
too 100% brightness, so can anyone recommend any 'instant on' 60 Watt
(13 Watt CFL?) equivalent bulbs please?

You coud always try the halogen energy saving bulbs ( look like an
ordinary bulb but with a 'capsule bulb' inside.

What sort of energy consumption do those have? I assume better than
standard incandescent, but are they better, worse, or the same as
incandescent bulbs? And what sort of light do they put out?
(I've just been looking at buying a ceiling light which calls for them.)