Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Tomlinson Mike Tomlinson is offline

Default ATX power supply fan noisy.

In article , David Farber
writes

I would like to replace this two-wire, 80mm square, power supply fan. The
power supply is used in an AudioReQuest music server and is powered on
continuously. The part number is, NMB-MAT 7 followed by a model number of,
3110GL-B4W-B54. 12V DC, 0.30A.

Funnily enough, I've just replaced one of those today.

I've found a few places online that have them
listed but when I call they, don't have them in stock or the price is
prohibitively expensive. Is there some generic fan that will replace this
and not cost more than the power supply itself?

Yeah, you can use a generic replacement but if it's powered 24/7 it
won't last long. Find a good quality ball-bearing replacement from the
likes of NMB-Mat, Panasonic or Papst. You'll be glad you did.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny's thinking about giving Windows 7