Posted to uk.d-i-y
Toby Toby is offline

Default modern condensing boiler vs. dacades old standard boiler,

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On 4 May, 14:57, "Toby" wrote:

What is the warranty period on these boilers?

I want a boiler where I don't even need to know such things. Even if
they come and fix it for free afterwards, I still don't want a boiler
that fails and leaves me in the lurch.

So long as you do read up on the brand reputations and don't buy on
the basis of sticker price alone, you can get a reliable boiler
without spending excessively.

Knowing the warranty does (should!) give some kind of indication to the
build quality too, a manufacturer won't want to have to keep coming out
repairing things!

We have recently had an Alpha CD28C Extra fitted to one of our offices, this
comes with a 12 year warranty. (10 Year Parts and 5 Year Labour Guarantee
plus an additional 2 years with PremierPack installation giving a total of
12 years)

The extra cost of this boiler, compared to a Worcester with a 5 year
gurantee, was a no brainer.

We just have to make sure it is serviced every year, which we do anyway.

Toby...