Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default HF Mini Lathe - Ready To Step up Already

Congrats on the recent shop addition. Making improvements/upgrading parts is
all good practice, IMO.

--
WB

"Michael Koblic" wrote in message

If you are going to go with a Chinese 9x20 regardless of the name I
strongly suggest visiting the Yahoo 9x20 group. As others suggested, there
is a lot of work to be done on the machine to make it useable.

I have recently graduated from Taig to a 9x20 and have so far replaced
several parts including the dreaded compound attachment (there is a better
way than just making or buying a 4-bolt clamp - it's called a Pitkin
Donut - details on the group files). Having said that it is an OK machine
for someone like myself. I am enjoying the extra size and power. I went
through months of agonizing over the choice but in the end this is as big
as I can handle and probably need. Here are some pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2768312...7623585864057/

Hope this helps.

--
Michael Koblic,