Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default ATX power supply fan noisy.

On Apr 28, 10:53*am, "David Farber" wrote:
I would like to replace this two-wire, 80mm square, *power supply fan. The
power supply is used in an AudioReQuest music server and is powered on
continuously. The part number is, NMB-MAT 7 followed by a model number of,
3110GL-B4W-B54. 12V DC, 0.30A. I've found a few places online that have them
listed but when I call they, don't have them in stock or the price is
prohibitively expensive. Is there some generic fan that will replace this
and not cost more than the power supply itself?

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center

Why would you even waste time on a PC power supply fan? Are you going
to check the capacitors that are very likely going bad too? You can
buy an Antec EarthWatts 380 Watt supply from Fry's for $30. High
efficiency, power factor corrected, auto switch 120/240, variable
speed cooling fan. Isn't your time worth anything?