Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default HF Mini Lathe - Ready To Step up Already

On 2010-05-04, Michael Koblic wrote:

[ ... ]

If you are going to go with a Chinese 9x20 regardless of the name I strongly
suggest visiting the Yahoo 9x20 group. As others suggested, there is a lot
of work to be done on the machine to make it useable.

I have recently graduated from Taig to a 9x20 and have so far replaced
several parts including the dreaded compound attachment (there is a better
way than just making or buying a 4-bolt clamp - it's called a Pitkin Donut -
details on the group files).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2768312...7623585864057/

Hmm ... you know that now that you have fixed and re-faced the
faceplates, you can turn the concentric grooves back to depth too. They
are useful when centering a workpiece prior to clamping it in place on
the faceplate.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564