Posted to alt.home.repair
mike mike is offline

Default Best material to cover garbage bin wheels

On May 3, 12:40*pm, Prof Wonmug wrote:
On Mon, 03 May 2010 17:01:30 +0000,

(DA) wrote:
mike wrote:

Do you have a hand truck with rubber-like or pneumatic tires?

That's what I would do - just load it up on a hand truck with good tires
instead of dragging it on its own. If you don't have a hand truck, it
makes sense to get one - a very useful device indeed.

Yes, I have a hand truck, but it's in the garage so I'd have to go get
it and then put it back. Also, I have three bins (garbage plus
recycling) to put out. I can make it in 2 trips now. With the hand
truck, I'd need three.

I want better wheels!!!

You might consider the possibility of storing the bins and hand truck
in approximately the same area. You might have one extra trip each
week, but I'd imagine that there is some awkwardness and aggravation
in rolling two containers side-by-side as a trip-saver anyway.