Posted to sci.electronics.repair
UCLAN UCLAN is offline

Default ATX power supply fan noisy.

mm wrote:

Any 2-wire, 80mm, 12VDC, 0.30A (approx) will do. Got a Radio Shack nearby?
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2102826 will do.

Probably cheaper at some place like Frys.

Radio shack has a great webpage in many ways, but one enormous flaw is
that if you click on a link, it might say the part is out of stock,
even when stores have it.

As with all websites (Petco, Best Buy, Home Depot, etc.) information
given for a product (availability, price, etc.) is for the website
ONLY! There is no way a website can pretend to keep up with the stock
details of thousands of retail stores.

The first paragraph is a digression.

??? Whose first paragraph? Not mine. The word "all" includes even
Radio Shack.

I gather you have posted without knowing much about the radio shack
website. One of the reasons I called it a great webpage is that it
does indeed "pretend to keep up with the stock ....of its retail
stores."

Not at all true. I suggest you read the "ITEM AVAILABILITY" section
of its website:

"...Some items are either temporarily out-of-stock online (and may be
available at your local RadioShack retail store)..."

And only in a minority of cases
does a retail store match the price of a website.

Their own website? It's you who recommended a radio shack part. Do
you think that RS doesn't charge the same price at the store as
online?

Gee, they even say they might not. From their online site:

"...Prices advertised on this site are for online orders only."

Only a fool would
think that a website saying "out-of-stock" would necessarily mean that
a retail store in BF, Iowa, was also out of stock.

So now you're going to call names. All this misinformation and
irrelevancy about RS just to call me a fool!

Well, I didn't call you a fool. I wrote that "only a fool would think..."
If that description fits you, fine. If the shoe fits, as they say. As far
as my "misinformation" goes, are you claiming that the information given
at the site is incorrect?

You don't know much about Radio Shack.

Apparently, much more than do you. I also know how to read fine print at
a website, including Radio Shack's.